Get to know Jazz Guitar Today Artist of the Week, Kurt Rosenwinkel…
» INFLUENCED BY
- John Coltrane, Pat Metheny, Allan Holdsworth, Tal Farlow, George Van Eps, Bill Frisell, John Scofield, and Alex Lifeson.
» INTERESTING NOTE
- Although Kurt Rosenwinkel is highly regarded by many as a champion of the “new guard”, we sometimes forget his recording career started in 1996. He has over 100 titles to his credit as leader, collaborator and sideman.
- Born October 20 in Philadelphia, PA
» FUN FACT
- Kurt plays keyboards too!
- Plays a wide variety of guitars. The overlying theme is medium to thin line small body guitars – to name a few, a signature D’Angelico Deluxe Kurt Rosenwinkel SS, a Sadowsky semi-hollow body, a Gibson ES-335. And then there are the pedals…Neunaber WET Stereo Reverb, Strymon Timeline, Strymon Mobius, Strymon Blue Sky Reverb, Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo, Digitech Vocalist, Thegigrig HumDinger, Rockett Allan Holdsworth, Empress ParaEQ, Pro Co RAT distortion, TC Electronic Nova Reverb, Lehle D. Loop Effect-loop/Switcher, Malekko Echo 600 Dark, Old World Audio 1960 Compressor, Electro-Harmonix HOG Polyphonic Guitar Synthesizer, Eventide TimeFactor Delay, Xotic X-Blender Effects Loops, Empress Tremolo, Lehle Parallel line mixer, TC Electronic SCF stereo chorus flanger, and Boss Corporation OC-3 octave, among others.
Kurt Rosenwinkel – CAIPI
Jazz Guitar Today favorite track – Casino Vanguard
» GIVE IT A LISTEN…
» UPCOMING GIGS
Artist Features4 days ago
Bruce Forman – One Part Cowboy, Two Parts Guitarist, 100% Genius
Columns4 days ago
Chromatic Movable Shapes – What the Government Doesn’t Want You to Know
Artist News5 days ago
Virtual Streaming Concert featuring Gypsy jazz band Hot Club of Philadelphia
Columns6 days ago
Maddening Musical Myths
Artist News6 days ago