Legendary luthier Rick Turner commemorates 40 years of the famed Model 1 guitar.
The guitar that Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham brought to international attention continues to be one of the most exquisite, road ready and versatile electric guitars on the market. With the 40th Anniversary Edition, Rick has brought back some of the features that he originally built for Lindsey in 1979:
- Body: Honduras Mahogany “clam shell”, black celluloid binding
- Neck: Maple & Purpleheart five piece laminate
- Fingerboard: Brazilian rosewood with white mother of pearl top dots, brass side dots, black celluloid binding, Jescar medium fretwire
- Peghead Front: Mahogany veneer, black celluloid bound
- Multi-layer peghead “back strap overlay”…as was updated on #3
- Turner humbucker pickup
- D-TAR Eclipse preamp with Turner EQ
- Lindsey’s signature on upper bout of face in silver ink
Only 18 of these 40th Anniversary Models will be produced. The 40th Anniversary Model 1 will debut at the NAMM show in January of 2019. MSRP is $8500 and, with Lindsey’s support, 5% of proceeds will be donated to Guitars in the Classroom, a non-profit which trains general education teachers in public schools from coast to coast to play guitar to help facilitate learning in the classroom.