A new book by Neff Irizarry offers a comprehensive approach documenting the Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz influence and how jazz guitarists coped with the style.
Featuring 354 play-along tracks and 65 artist transcriptions, “Contemporary Latin Jazz Guitar” lays out a new trajectory for disseminating this valuable material to the guitar community and generations of guitarists to come.
- Traditional lines from the Tres, cuatro and requinto adapted to the guitar in the style of Arsenio Rodriguez, Yomo Toro, El Güero Gil, etc.
- Piano adaptations and solutions for the guitar patterned after Bebo Valdes, Clare Fischer, Eddie Palmieri, etc.
- Step-by-step instruction on how to play guajeos, montunos and other Afro-Cuban styles on guitar
- Transcription and analysis of key guitarists, composers and arrangers such as George Benson, Chico O’Farrill, Clare Fischer, Stan Appelbaum, Cal Tjader and La Playa sextet
- Stylistic analysis of highly influential guitarists such as Juanito Marquez, Paul Alicea, Sonny Henry, Edgardo Miranda, Carlos Emilio Morales, Bobby Redfield, Carlos Santana and Steve Khan.
- Transcriptions and analysis of jazz guitar greats playing Latin music, like Wes Montgomery, Kenny Burrell, Attila Zoller, Danny Embrey and Steve Khan. And much more!
- Over 250 audio files of the author playing each exercise! 196 pages.
Fender Begins Celebration of 70 Years of the Iconic Stratocaster with All-New Models
Shakti’s “This Moment” Nominated For The Best Global Music Album Grammy Award
A Passion For Fine Wine and Quality Guitars
Video Podcast: Eleonora Strino Explains Why She Learned An Oscar Peterson Solo
Is Jazz Guitar Dead? (Hint…NO!)
New JGT Lesson: Davy Mooney Explores Playing “Guitar Trio”
New Vince Lewis Arrangement, “As Time Goes By”
Thorell Fine Guitars
What Should I Be Working On?
Wolf Marshall Talks To JGT About His New Jazz Guitar Course
Thorell Fine Guitars
Ryan Thorell is known for world-class original guitars collected and coveted by some of the best musicians around the planet...
For over 20 years, Philadelphia, PA-based luthier Bill Comins has been dedicated to refining a line of instruments with the...
Theo Scharpach builds Fine Archtops and Classical concert guitars from his shop in the Netherlands. Theo Scharpach is recognized as...